Design Principle of Safety Valve
Six points about the design principle of safety valve
1. Safety valve must be designed to meet users’ requirements.
2. Once guarantee the actual use, the products should be the most economical.
3. How to make the overall performance of a safety valve meet the standard is the first principle of the designer.
4. Test the products as much as possible so as to obtain performance parameters.
5. Design the spring stiffness properly to more reasonable match the structure of internal parts, products should be easily assembled, disassembled and maintained.
6. Safety valve should be designed to have a long service life.
Generally, medium of safety valve can be grouped into three types, steam, gas and liquids. Because designers can not do performance test under working conditions of various media, so, sometimes, qualified performance data derived from cold test may become not ideal due to heavy oil (bitumen) and other media. Therefore, safety valve design can not copy any of other mature product models and it should be manufactured with appropriate spring stiffness, reasonable internal structure according to different media. Of course, the design principle of safety valve is to produce users-satisfied products and the only design shortcut is mainly from the accumulation of real practical experience.