The Operation of Gate Valve
1. Gate valve is usually applied in on - off occasions and it can not be used for throttling applications.
2. Gate valve is normally installed on horizontal pipes, with or without the stem vertical. Also, it can also be installed on vertical pipes. Due to the different diameter size, application environment and material, gate valve is required to have special installation. If the valve which you are going to buy had to be installed specially, then you should indicate the orientation of the valve when ordering.
3. For the application temperature above 260℃, it is recommended to use flexible or split wedge gate valve to avoid the stuck because of thermal expansion.
4. In high velocity (turbulent) or thermal cycling applications, threaded seat rings should be lock welded to the body to avoid loosening. Please be specified when ordering.
5. After closing gate valve, the stem should have a slight rotation (1/8 to 1/4 turn) to relieve stem load. This will enable the stem to expand slightly, without binding or damaging the valve and affecting the shutdown effect.