What Are Advantages of Insulated Ball Valve?
Here are seven main advantages of insulated ball valve as follows.
1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to that of the tubulation of the same length.
2. It has simple structure, small volume and light weight.
3. It is compact and reliable. At present, plastic materials with good sealing performance is preferred as the sealing surface materials of ball valve. Materials like this also have been widely used in the vacuum system.
4. It is easy to be operated, to be opened and closed quickly. The angle from opening it to closing it is just only 90 °, which is advantageous for remote control.
5. It is maintained easily. The structure of ball valve is very simple and the sealing ring is removable. Therefore, it is more convenient that it can be changed and disassembled.
6. If the insulted ball valve
is fully opened or fully closed, the sealing surface can not be eroded when the medium is flow through it. This is because the ball valve body and seat sealing surface are isolated from the medium.
7. The applicable scope is wide. The length range of diameter is from several millimeters to a few meters. It can be applied from high vacuum to high pressure. If the ball body rotates 90 degrees, the sphere can be showed completely in the inlet and outlet so as to block the flow.
Insulated ball valve
is a relatively new type among ball valve types. The structure has its own superiority, for example the switch is frictionless, the sealing surface is not easy to wear and the open-close torque is small. Then, the specifications of the actuator can be smaller. If it works with multi-turn electric actuators, the medium can be adjusted and cut off. It is widely used in demanding strictly cutting-off operation conditions in petroleum, chemical industry, urban water supply and drainage, etc.