Valve Selection Procedure
Generally, you should follow these following steps to choose a valve.
1. Process status of a valve is determined by its usage in installation or process piping. For example, the working medium, working pressure and temperature, etc.
2. The working medium, working environment and users’ requirements can determine the valve sealing performance rating.
3. The type and drive way of a valve is decided by its use. Type: such as cut-off valves, control valves, safety valves and other special valves. Drive mode: such as turbine, worm, electric, pneumatic and so on.
4. Nominal parameters. Valve nominal pressure, nominal size should be accordance with installation process piping. And for some valves, their nominal sizes are determined by the medium flow or displacement in rated time.
5. According to the actual operating conditions and nominal size, you can decide the connection type. Such as flanged, weld, clip, or thread, etc.
6. Installation position, installation space and the nominal size can determine the structure of a valve. Such as rising stem type gate valve, angle type globe valve, trunnion mounted ball valve, etc.
7. Right choose the valve housing and internals material in according to the characteristics of the medium, working pressure and temperature.